Monday, August 5, 2013

Who Turned the Sky Tap On?

Had the first day of school with the "old" teachers so it was nice to see all of the faces and meet some new people. I had planned to meet Vince the gym, go for a run, then cool of in the swimming pool. Not worried by the grey skies, I pedalled home, grabbed my shorts and headed back to the gym. By the time I had changed there was a torrential downpour which lasted about 45 min. We keep having these so I shouldn't really be surprised especially since it is the rainy season. I am however, recognizing the when the wind picks up I have about 5 min to take cover.


Raining harder than hard for longer than I thought possible





The rain eventually slowed so we eventually road home and somehow Vince took this picture. That's me up ahead getting pushed sideways every time a car came by.



Dinner sometimes depends on how far you can ride and tonight we made it to the intersection that was flooded earlier it the week-this time I had a camera. We ate on the platform on the left...same place as last night where I took a picture of Vince with the beer if you want a comparison.




Looking the other direction on the street. This seems to be a common occurance.


1 comment:

  1. You really don't need to go to Venice anymore ? Venice came to you ;)

    ReplyDelete