Sunday, August 4, 2013

Dinner Takes on a Whole New Meaning

We haven't eaten dinner at home yet which may sound strange but it's just the way it has been. Eating out is a way of life here and really, we don't exactly have our kitchen up and running yet either. Okay, so we don't really have much of a kitchen either but that's besides the point. 

I got home tonight after taking a weekend course and by the time the landlady left (she's really nice and helpful) it was 7 pm, we had not eaten and I had to top-up my phone which basically means going to the closest 7-11 corner store and buying a phone card. As every night has gone so far we hopped on the bikes and head out down the road to eat and were meeting friends at the "food stalls beside the basketball court". We walked down the street to buy a beer (came with a huge straw) and ordered dinner while practicing our Thai. There is very limited english here compared to the centre of Bangkok.

Nice cold beer from the store down the street. You pick it up and bring it back to the stall. 




Outside The 7-11 on the market street that we always go to. A pretty happening place.


Our Thai is getting better but we have a long way to go!


2 comments:

  1. Yum, Singha! Soon you'll be able to know what you're ordering :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually tried ordering with a full sentence last night. We ended up with two huge plates or rice and one plate of sweet/sour veggies which were great! I think my full broken sentence trumped (scared) the lady and I somehow trumped Vince's order. Oh well, I will locate my new Thai friends at school and get some info.

      Delete