Friday, August 2, 2013

No Flats here

As we are focusing on modes of transport let me add that one day after we purchased our new wheels, I had a flat, which appeared to be a leaky valve.  With no spare parts, I had to walk the bike to the bike shop where we purchased the bikes only to find that he was closed for the day.  I went onward down one of side streets, where one of the locals pointed me to a bike repair shop for a new valve. The old man was very nice and put in a new valve.

Next day, Bridget's bike also had a flat and with my new found knowledge was able to direct her to the local repair shop. Here she is getting the new valve installed and she is back on her way. Why was Bridget only charged 5 Baht (~18 cents), while I had to pay double? 


Now with mobility, we get around a little better to get acquainted with our surroundings.

While Bridget has been busy at school this week,  I went to IKEA to gather items to set up the home office.  I need to get back to 'work' pretty soon so that has been the plan for the week, to gather and set up items for an office, research this market, and follow up on current leads and deals. After a couple of weeks off and the move, there is plenty of work to catch up on.

Where was I,  on ya researching the market... for a red scooter :)


No comments:

Post a Comment