Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Getting Locked Out

On my way home on Monday,I  met Vince surpassing the speed limit on his "too small but stretched out as far as possible" bike on his way to the club to work out. After a short chat we head on our separate ways, me home for a cup of tea and catch up on some work and him to sweat it out. The word sweat takes on a whole new meaning here. I got home, tried to open the door and my key wouldn't even go in....Vince came to the rescue with his key and cape.....his didn't work either. A call to our really nice landlord, a 3 hour wait and a 5 minute locking-picking job by a local locksmith got us in. Something about the way we turned the key....high security but you have to be careful...unless of course you are the locksmith. She called three before she found someone who would work on it but we did find out that there is no way to break into our place.....silver lining?

I swam after work today and was walking back from the pool through campus so I thought I'd share some pics.

Lots of greenery and courtyards like this.


Cafeteria. there are three Elementary, Middle School and High School but since the lunches are different, people eat wherever they want.



The wall on the left is matched by one on the right and they serve anything you can imagine. This is fast food the healthy way. There are french fries but it took until today for me to see someone with them.


My classroom from the Elementary cafeteria. 


Where I park my bike everyday...same spot so I don't lose it. It's usually packed during the day.




Great news....you can now find us on google maps using Muban Bua Khao - Soi 72, Min Buri. It's teh viallge name beside us and we are a new complex. 

The funniest saying I heard from a boy today with regards to the fact that he was still sweating profusely in my class after playing soccer at lunch."Ms Bridget, can I please go and get a drink, I feel like fried chicken".

2 comments:

  1. Wow - fun to see your school. How many students are there in total? Are they Thai mostly? Is the teaching all done in English?
    My niece lived in Thailand for a year - she got used to the heat so much that the next summer she was home she was often in a sweater! (Wendy - I can't figure out how to "sign in" so you see my name!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Wendy, I think you just sign in through Google. It is neat to be outside the whole time you are in a "hallway". There are about 1200 students k-12, maybe 90% Thai and yes, all teaching is done in English. Most are very good at English and there are others in a special English Learning Development program. I understand how your niece feels. You get very used to be comfortably warm. I make sure I drink enough and all is good. I even like running in it but not if the sun is blaring down.

      Delete