Thursday, November 28, 2013

Shoes and Construction


I had lost (misplaced) my purple flip flops and today I found them...at the gym. You need to take your shoes off to go into the locker room so I guess I went home in my running shoes. I love that they were still there 3 days later. The stories of items being returned here is amazing....cell phones left on busses, scooter keys left in ignitions and guarded my the scooter taxis. Really nice. Mine are too big to fit straight on the rack with the the regular sizes


People ask why I carry my phone when I run and I think it is 10% safety if I get lost and 90% to take pictures.



It was so hot and I was running solo with no money for extra water and 30 minutes in my water that I had left was about 35 deg C and there wasn't much of it. I was looking for an excuse to turn back and thought I had it when my klong path suddenly ended. I then realized that they are rebuilding which will be nice. It's a main route so should be done quickly.





 I found that i could go to the other side. I really am not a fan of the "narrow klong so let's install a pipe on it and make it smaller" idea but it does bring treated water in to all of the people who live on the canal. It was pretty rough but short and I was happy to not be on my bike.



They actually build on top of the other one and it will be wider.



Our "2nd mosque" on the way to Sammakon,  a as in "turn right (or left) at the second mosque"



I posted about this before. When we got here it was beautiful tress etc and is now going to be built upon. Most of the building here is on swampy land and is sinking...so is Bangkok.



A view form the other end.




On the home stretch...



This little place amazes me and must be what the entire area was like 20 years ago (or less). He has a complete little farm right beside the klong and each area grows something specific.






I made it back to the gym where I started and drank a ridiculous amount of water. I was so hot I almost fell into the pool but we had a dinner date so decided against it.



No comments:

Post a Comment