Saturday, November 9, 2013

Scooter Auction

I see this once in  awhile and am not really sure if they work....cannot imagine putting any body part near it either so will probably never find out.



We are in the market for a scooter so that we can travel out of the city a bit and do day explore trips on the weekends. So, we went to where some people buy bikes...at the scooter auction. You check out the bikes then bid on the one(s) you want. We were set on getting a 125 cc and didn't quite see what we are looking for. It happens every weekend so we will go back. I don't know how many cars were for sale but there were over 300 bikes.



Vince on the hunt.



The car auction in progress. We were happy to see that we will be able to "see" the amount when our time comes to bid. That's mist being pumped out of the ceiling...exactly like air-conditioning...only different. Actually, it's more like lying down in the vegetable section at the grocery store and having the automatic misters turn on.



Scooters make a pretty good seats.



Vince went to use the bathroom and went back to take a picture.....we didn't believe him that the toilet was a wall of leaky urinals....hahahahha.  I love the "barriers".


I am running in the Bangkok half marathon next weekend so went out for my last pre-race weekend run today and of course took my phone to take pictures...but more importantly so that I can get home if I get lost. I am still trying new routes which are endless around here. 


Pretty...the flowers, not the rusted pipe.



Hey, they are re-cementing the klong path. the old one is underneath so this was pretty neat to see and will be amazing when finished. It's a little wider than the original. It went on way longer than I thought and I had to walk because way too many things to trip on. Tripping is not an option when the result is the klong water.



I ended up under the main road Ramkamhaeng so at least I knew where I was. Myself and 4 dogs came out together.  U-turns, like the one in the distance, are the way in which a car travelling north on a main road would turn around to go south.

My discovery means that I now have a street-free way to ride to the Big-C grocery store. We don't go much but you really don't think we can't live without peanut butter do you?



Ginger crinkles.....oh, yeah! My little oven is making me proud. We have a Walking Dead (don't ask) party tonight so using them as guinea pigs for cookies.





4 comments:

  1. Vince...wear more then little sandals when heading out to any urinals from now on okay ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, when wearing sandals, something splashes on my feet and I don't even want to think what it is. Everyone here showers before going to bed....to get clean and unsweaty.

      Delete
  2. Hi Bridget,
    I am living in Bangkok and also looking for a motobike. I am very interested to attend the auction. Could you provide the location and address? And what are the days and times of the auctions?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete