Monday, September 30, 2013

Negotiating the Klong

I went out to investigate the klong today looking for a 10 km loop to run. My logic is that if I have to turn around, it is less demoralizing on a bike. I shared the walkway with countless chickens, things that looked like roosters but I am not quite sure, lots of kittens and cats, dogs who kindly stepped off for me and a few people but not many. It was the heron that wouldn't move that was funny. I don't really look around much unless I am 100% stationary with both feet on the ground. Although I did see kids swimming today I have no desire to join them.


This is why I always look straight ahead:) It feels a bit like the "Whose that trip-trapping on my bridge" scenario...and a troll might be nicer than what lurks in these waters in my imagination.





2 comments:

  1. You need a ramp to catapult you over these things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would work:) There was one wooden "bridge" that I walked across (the good part) and my very light bike plummeted through-at least the front wheel did. Gave me a scare but reinforced the idea to walk over anything that looks precarious in the slightest.

      Delete