Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Run, Squash, and No Busses

We have a bit of a running group (3 is a group right?) who run Sat or Sun morning and the idea is to discover different loops and places which are running-friendly. We had a nice view of a water buffalo this morning that you can see in the far distance.

 We finally tried out the squash courts which are a real treat. They are missing lines though so we bought some red duct tape today to fix them up. There are only 4 of us who use them. I do not even want to think about how sore I am going to be tomorrow.


These are serious road hazards for running and cycling and are pretty huge. You just learn to complete avoid them and most are so big that they are easy to see.



We had to go to the mall today to pick up a couple of things and I was banned from suggesting we bus it but it is not an easy trip anyway...yet 15 min by taxi. It is still a bit of a maze to us and I am still surprised when I see a full-fledged market in the middle of the stores.

I am glad they have instructions on where to put your feet. I have never been able to figure these out.



If you get tired of shopping you can have a break and play video games. Who needs an arcade when you have a hallway?



We know 3 people who own cars (I think), some who own golf carts and many who own scooters and all own bikes. This is one of the golf car parking areas at school. On Monday, while riding to school I was passed (on the road) by a kid driving one. I swear he wasn't older than 10!


The market at 166 in the rain. The guy on the left is a scooter taxi. They all wear the orange vests.


Out of the blue I was given new desks in the class....they were supposed to be in another room....and presto....my room is back the way it was. They were way too big so I was happy for it.

...and back to the original.

The lake near our  place.....still waiting to see one of the lizards that live in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment