Sunday, October 20, 2013

Yes, it Can Get Deeper and Blacker

Vince was kind enough to call me at the end of the day to tell me that the water was higher than earlier and maybe I shouldn't bike through. He apparently had to stop due to an oncoming bus....yup, I would stop too.

My feet were already wet from a klong run so I left my running shoes on and barely made it back. It was a very interesting run: new route due to flooded areas, flocks of heron, a long green snake which we heard is a poisonous viper, 2 huge black/yellow lizards, countless chickens, roosters and other wildlife. It also seems that rain brings out the kids who jump off the bridges...never seem so many.

I didn't believe it could get deeper but it did, and this morning it was black and deep....gross. I have scored a pair of rubber boots which will keep out the gross water, snakes and anything else that I don't want touching my feet. I heard that in some areas the snakes are floating out of the drains.

Here is the look after 4 days...they brought in the big equipment to get it done. Success!




It's tough to dry things in the humidity so Vince was strategically placing our shoes on the street so they would be in the sun. 








2 comments:

  1. Your toes might be growing mushrooms soon if the rain does not let up !

    ReplyDelete