Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Klong Tour

So, a few of us decided to go and explore the klong today. There were out of town visitors from Shanghai and  thought it would be a nice outing. Well, when you have a mix of mountain bikers,  adventurous people and a whole sunny day ahead of you not one really worries about getting lost. This is how we ended up riding 35 km of the klong on a Sunday morning.

Some bridges are a little dicey and you learn to pick out the solid parts.




We were eight in total so were quite a spectacle for the locals who are so friendly.



Taking a little break.



I didn't notice the little guy behind them.









Some areas took a bit of manipulation.




...and mountain biking skills came in handy. There is no "looking around"because falling means trying to climb up out of dirty water.



Thirty-five km later we are at the end of the route. Success...we found two complete loops on which to springboard our next adventure. It's all about the mosques on this route...left at the mosque? Right the the next mosque?


2 comments:

  1. Please don't make me go on those scary bikes paths when I visit !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha....yeah, Vince opted to play golf instead. It's scary at first and then it's a-okay. We can walk on them which is just as much fun and then you can actually look around without worrying about falling in. I laugh because I NEVER thought I'd ride on these when I first saw them. One is actually a shortcut to school if there is flooding....good to know but I think that early in the morning I would just go right through.

      Delete