Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Flood Gets It's Own Page

Ahhhh....I just deleted the whole post! Okay, here we go again.....


We awoke in the middle of the night to a huge crack of thunder followed by lightening, which continued all night and into the morning past my usual departure time. I pushed it as long as I could and then left. On my way out, I ran into our neighbour, Alis, who could not get to work with her scooter because there was too much water so we decided on Plan B: Take Vince's bike. Off we went slogging through all the way to school in the worst we've seen. The following pics are on the way home...no rain falling but plenty on the ground.


Hmm, shall we try it?



Even the short cut through the klong is flooded.



Vince took these when he went to check out the route to the market...and to the pizza restaurant for dinner tonight.



I like this one.




Cycling in style. For the record, in a drizzle I actually pull this one off.



Ocean or road? Of course you realize that I am one-handing it in deep water.



 Who needs doors? 



A fellow cyclist taking a break.



Yes, indeed, that is my left foot completely submerged in the water.



Nothing like a little car-wake to make riding more challenging.



Sand-bags I think.



Even the guards at "Perfect" gave up their shoes today.



Now it's just pure entertainment.




Almost there. Took about 5 min in deep water.




We deliver...guaranteed. He almost lost it at one point. By this time I am at the end just watching.




These guys got a chuckle when I went by. I think they found the blockage.



Racing?








I swear I saw this car actually float for a second.



 Deepest part for sure,



Hey, Alis, you made it!



Check out the little kid on the scooter behind her.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, can you imagine Bishop's Students in all of this ??? Tubing, canoeing etc... they'd never make it to class for the whole rainy season ! Is the water dirty ? Are you getting used to always feeling wet ?

    ReplyDelete