Sunday, May 29, 2016

Staycation in Bangkok: Lumphini Park and Dim Sum

In the November I ran a race downtown which went straight up 62 flights of stairs. I came third in my age group and won Dim Sum for 2 at the Banyan Tree Hotel.....very fancy. So we headed off to the big city. We took some pictures of a few things we still find interesting.

A nice addition to the stairs.....a ramp for bikes.


The food carts which are all over the city are stored when not in use. I am always amazed how the system works. 

Lumphini Park where people come to exercise and be in nature.

A small monitor lizard...France and I saw the giant ones later one....pics to follow.

Working out doesn't need to be complicated. Stations are set up all over Bangkok in parks. This one has been here a long time.



Park in a city

Beautiful trees come in all colours.

I was watching the guy in the back coaching running. he is the famous K-san a Japanese man living in Thailand who ran across the US last year. 


The top of our hotel to give an idea of what many are like. Rooftops are very common.

Crazy wiring....

View from our restaurant window. The city is immense.

No comments:

Post a Comment