Monday, May 30, 2016

Khlong Development

One of the things I will miss about living in Thailand is running on the canals. It's the place where it is quietest and I have my regular routes and often see the same people.

One of the temples under destruction.

There is an entrance very close to us (2 km) and I was surprised one day to see construction being started.

What looked like a car bridge being built next to the foot bridge.

My favourite garden runs between the pathway and what used to be, a field.


 Looking in the opposite direction are people's homes. They don't own the land and many have built homes on whatever they can find.

The development in the distance.


The same garden 1 month later.

The road closer to being completed. We have since heard that it is a new huge subdivision.

A closeup of the new houses....amazing how quickly things change.

No comments:

Post a Comment