Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Random Pictures...a visitor from Ayer's Cliff

I forgot these three pictures from the last post of the temple on Monkey Mountain.

Lots of stairs.


 Bells


 View from the top of the mountain of the fishing village or "sea market"

The art teachers having some fun,


This is the title of a real book. Falang (farang) means guava but is also the name for a foreigner. Scooter riders who venture on to the main road downtown on a regular basis all have stories of weird tickets. Best to pay and go.



 We seem to be collecting bikes and scooters.


I rode into school on Friday and my bike was making a noise than I couldn't recognize. On the way home it was louder so when I stopped to talk to a friend I took a look.....well, then it became a case of seeing how much of the 2.5 km ride home I could cover before it blew. 200m later it sounded like a shot gun went off and I was walking it.


I coach swimming to 6-8 year olds after school 3x a week which is a ridiculous amount of fun. However, at the point we are in with rainy season the storm usually come right around start time. Lightening is the issue and the head coach wears a lightening meter since we have to get out before it's on top of us. This often means waiting around the pool to see what will happen. This day it was cancelled but pouring so hard we didn't leave.



 Our little gang of longer distance runners have decided to start our weekend run super early....as in 4:30 am. Last week it poured just before I left home and created a bit of an obstacle to get around.

4:30 am and I am balancing on the curb since the grass and road are both lakes

We usually take a picture of us but we forgot so this little (big?) guy is a replacement.


This gives an idea of his size. If the guards see him he will be "el soupo"


The upside of getting up early is that Vince and I got an early start and went to the local market with a stop at our favourite coffee place...The Lord of Coffee.



We had a super visit for three days from Michelle Crook (Ayer's Cliff) who was on her way to Bangkok to do a month long research project on liver disease in children. We initiated her to a foot massage (picture below), our favourite local eatery and she became skilled at both klong riding and scooting around the neighbourhood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment