Saturday, March 8, 2014

Thai National Swim Meet


All dressed up Canadian style for the Olympic Hockey Finals...a while ago but forgot to post it. We made it all the way downtown with friends, watched skiing etc up to the game......and then the game wasn't televised. Oh well.


I swam in the Thai Masters National Swimming competition this weekend. There were 4 of us from RIS and a few foreigners from another school but for the most part the competitors were Thai.

The event was held at Ramkhanghaeng Universty which, I have discovered, has some great facilities.

Torie and I made up the female squad. 



Hanging out on the pool deck. I love the way this guy brought his bed.



Open air pool with a cover which is good because I think we would have burned to a crisp otherwise.



 The other end....



A successful day. Kevin and Tori, a husband and wife team are lifetime swimmers and water polo players were the ones than suggested I go. We all won our races and Kevin and I got a record.....Torie already has three from last year. Torie is the person way back when, who reached out and showed us the main routes on the klong so we wouldn't spend hours lost...again. They are off to Senegal next year which sounds very exciting.




2 comments:

  1. I love the way you never let any opportunities get by you ! (congrats to all 3 of you ... and medallists/record holders to boot)

    ReplyDelete