Friday, January 17, 2014

Sticky Rice and Coconut

 I am not sure how it happened, but somehow Vince and I have become Vegemite fans. Maybe it's the salt? I am still looking for Marmite al the while perplexed as to how this became a comfort food. I sent this picture to vince from school around lunchtime knowing that he was looking for it...and I had stolen it.



The building continues. We have heard that it will be a salt water swimming pool...cool!



 I reported a few posts ago that the klong was overgrown. Well, they fixed it by cutting a swath down the middle.



...and on the other side of the bridge it looks like this. maybe the swath was to make it big enough for a huge cutting machine?



We were sure what we bought at the market on Friday night but I did know it was coconut....not "fish and curry" which we are not quite used to yet.



yum....sticky rice and coconut....and beans maybe? One was white.



....and the other black. I don't know what the technical difference is but they were both really good. The bamboo leave had the same stuff but drier. I ate it before I thought to take a picture...oops.


And so begins our quest to try most things at the market. Again...the fish and curry is scary but I'll get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment