Saturday, January 11, 2014

Coogee to Bondi Walk


The Coogee to Bondi walk is a beautiful coastal walk which takes you across beach after beach.















Someone said they saw dolphins.


Our picnic spot with a view of the ocean.



The famous Bondi Pool, home of the Iceberg's Swimming Club. I keep saying that I want to swim here but it doesn't quite work out. I guess I'll just have to go back. It was really quite crowded.



Bondi Beach



It's the last day of the Christmas holidays and the beach and ocean are packed. 



The lifeguards section of an area and people are expected to "swim between the flags". This might be one of the toughest lifeguarding jobs out there. There are masses of people in the same area.



Which leads to the story of Alex and I. There were lots of people playing in the waves and we headed out a little deeper and got behind them. It was a good plan until we got hammered by a series of 3 metre waves. I didn't know that they can actually punch you twice and also learned the valuable lesson that you cannot swim in sea foam. This tends to affect breathing. We got in safely but let's just say it's good that there were two of us looking out for each other. Who am I kidding? Alex was watching for me. By the way, it's a little unnerving watching a wave grow to tremendous heights over your potential help.

See? No worse for wear.



Did I forget that we led the neophyte swimmer in with us? Vince was smart enough to stop in the shallow part but this was his reaction when he finally saw us on solid ground. I guess he saw in the water...and then he didn't.



 The conversation went something like this..."Woah, Vince. It THAT the outback?"


Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment