Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Kongs They Are a Changin'

We might not be having winter but there has definitely been a shift in seasons. Gone are the rainy days and I really was getting a little tired of battling the floodwater. We went away for October break and when we came back the rain was all but over. I took the first picture of the klong beside our house when we first got here....the caption said that I would never ride/run on it. Oh, how things have changed. 



The same klong 4 1/2 months later. I think we just had the "growing season" and the klong is clogged. I am anxious to see how they clear it.



I am still in discovery mode and ventured off on a 20 km run last weekend which gave me 10 km out and 10 km back....a good distance to discover more territory. This hose was pumping furiously from a new development and I'm not sure what it is but it can't be good.



Same bubbles floating down the klong.



The pathway often runs on both sides of the water but I did notice the side I was on was a little overgrown and had debris on it, then it stopped. Just like that-no warning. 



I couldn't remember where the last bridge was so I headed back anyway....and suddenly the "boats" I saw a various intervals made sense. Ah, they were ferries.



Not a chance I would try this.






Went for a nice swim on Friday....until I saw this......and got out. I have since learned that it's not a problem to swim when the sign is there. I could see the undiluted chlorine in the bottom of the pool but I think it's because it is so chilly lately.



Hmm I never really thought about washing my feet in the toilet.


2 comments:

  1. Off to the DR on the weekend. Wanted to wish You a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014. L&K Des

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you will be on a ferry boat like that one soon enough....remember what you said about the path ;)
    Remember the water tests you did many moons ago along the Massawippi river? It would be interesting to do the same tests on the soapy/bubbly river don't you think?

    ReplyDelete