Thursday, August 21, 2014

A gaggle of ladies on the Klong

I thought it would be a nice idea to invite some of the new and old people to go for a walk on the klong on a Sunday morning. I really thought there would be 3-4 takers but 11 showed up. I have to say, we were quite a spectacle as we walked 7 km to the market at the next town, Sammakon.



Lord of Coffee was the first stop although a few scrambled to Starbucks.

Starbucks doesn't do this.

We all split into various groups based on interest...The Villa (Western groceries), a dress shop, market and April, Crystal and I went on a search for pies....pumpkin to be exact. I knew where to get them but I didn't know how to say pumpkin in Thai. Our phone translator gave us something way to close to swearing in english that we didn't dare use it. 

Instead we did what most people would do.



We bought one of each and 3 spoons.



April and Crystal eyeing the pies.

Success....and then we bought pumpkin.....so good.

By the way, the translator was right. Now we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment