Monday, March 30, 2015

Koh Samet Weekend

Nineteen of us piled into two vans one Friday afternoon for a weekend in Koh Samet. Vince was away so I figured I'd join the gang. With so many people and only a weekend we sometimes bypass the bus/ferry and hire our own transport. The speed boat always lives up to it's name.  

It's been 18 months an this is still the creepiest statue I have seen.

She's depicted at the school....not much better.


 This man always has his shop (tree) set up on the beach with nice basic necklaces. The lizard was extra.

I went for a morning run and was lucky to catch the sunrise.

Even the dogs were asleep.


 It was waaaayy more hilly than I remembered.

But I eventually got to the end 6 km later which was really worth it.

There's always a dog involved.

Rough side 

 End point and fishing boat.

I cannot figure out the meaning of the Canadian flag here.

A couple of us went looking for the buddha which I heard was on the island. After being disappointed in the 3 ft high one we saw, we came upon the real thing. Painted fingernails and all.

One of her guards?

Beach gathering.

Is this an oxymoron?

Random creepy garden gnome.


 Ryan and Colby with all of their weekend gear. We are all getting really good and packing stuff on 2 wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment